Friday, March 5, 2010

Finally!! at Muktinath

The last few days, as I trekked the Annapurna circuit in Nepal, sunsets in Kangra Valley took a backseat. I was desperate to see a sunset on the circuit. So much so, that one of the days, I actually walked out to the balcony of the lodge I was staying in and shouted "O Nepal, cant thee show me one good sunset?". Ok, I dint exactly do that but I almost wanted to. For all its beauty, the trek was in deep gorges, so the sun never exactly rose and set. As the Thorong La pass was crossed, we entered the wide Kali Gandaki valley. The sun set behind the Dhaulagiri range, leaving streaks of light in all directions.


2 comments:

  1. Unbelievable, marvelous sun set pic., never ever seen is Australia. Keep it up, grate !!!! Expecting to see some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...this is really really good.
    I had a similar experience - it was with sunrise at Tungnath@Uttrakand - but not as good as this one :)
    Have a look below:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/viv-samyal/2901594359/

    ReplyDelete